Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Brought to You by BYUSA

Like I said, last night was our Leadership Ceremony. Before we went, Andrew and I met up to go and watch the basketball game. Baylor was a worthy opponent and Matty F. Carlino, B. Dave, and Craigory Cusick the 15th just didn't pull through. We were winning until Andrew and I stopped watching together so we could go get ready. 
Then came the ceremony. I knew I would get an award. Don't get me wrong it isn't like I expected it, but Eric and Angela have been being so suspicious. Eric wouldn't even let me help set up which is unheard of. I picked out the flowers for the floral arrangements, and that is it. He took me with him like he always does but I sat there and watched. Anyways, Andrew makes me so happy. Yesterday he asked me what my favorite color was. I told him it depended on what it was for, but I really loved sunshine yellow. So, at the event he wore a yellow tie. We had fun eating, talking, and dodging Angela with the camera. Then, the video yearbook started. I am in half the pictures! How did that even happen?!
 After that, they passed out the awards, each with an explanation as to why this person received the award. I nominated one of my School Spirit girls for Optimism. She got it! Way to go Mckenzie! Kennedy got one for inclusiveness. She by far deserved that one. I thought I was fine when they got to the last one, and then Eric got up there. Andrew just looked at me and smiled. Eric read his part, and I was almost in tears. I got the Dedication award. Then, he called my name, Andrew nudged me, and I went up to accept my award. He gave it to me and we took a picture. Once we walked off the stage we hugged. I really am going to miss my big brother when he gets married and leaves. When it was all over, everyone came to hug me, I got a letter from the new Executive Vice President whom I have never met but really like, and we took a ton of pictures. I dropped Andrew off at his apartment so he could do his homework that I am pretty sure I have been distracting him from for the past couple weeks. I am so glad he came with me. 
After getting home I was kind of in a happy daze for a little while. I went to my old roommates' to talk to them. We ended up talking about boys which didn't help me out of my daze at all. I went back to my apartment to work on homework and read scriptures. Then, Andrew and I started texting. That boy can make me grin from ear to ear within .001 seconds. Reading a couple chapters in my scriptures usually takes about five minutes. It took me 15 last night. Our conversations are really funny, and when I go back and read them I realize if it wasn't me in this situation, I would think it was kind of mushy. Right as I was going to bed I put my phone down and got comfortable. When my phone buzzed again I knew it was him. I let out a little, "He!" My roommate burst out laughing and we laughed for a good five minutes. 
Eric also texted me telling me congratulations and how honored he was to present my award. I told him I only learned from the best and I wouldn't have wanted anyone else to present it to me (which is genuinely true). This morning I woke up to a text telling me he appreciated it, but I was like that last year and that is why he wanted me to serve this year. I went into my eight o'clock class and my teacher told me I was radiating light. We were talking about happiness and families and he told everyone to turn around and look at me if they needed to see what happiness looked like. When class was over he pulled me aside and told me I was far too happy to be in an eight o'clock class. Honestly, when I woke up this morning I had to ask myself if this was real life. It is! 
I thank all of my BYUSA friends for all of the tears, hugs, smiles, and laughs we have shared. I am going to miss it, but I am excited to see the some of the changes that will come. There is one other thing I will always remember... Pinkies up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...