Friday, April 12, 2013

Dancing in the Rain

One of the girls in my ward said, "They say you have to learn to dance in the rain because it never stops coming. I have news for everyone. The sun DOES come out after the storm, and IF you took the time to learn to dance in that thunder and lightning- guess what? Dancing in the sun...it's EVEN BETTER." 
A lot of you are wondering where Andrew came from. Well, to be honest I do not really know. I do know that four weeks ago I was going through a really hard time. Nothing was going the way I wanted it to at all. It was driving me insane and making me rather upset. I said a prayer telling Heavenly Father that whatever I was doing obviously wasn't right so I was going to put my trust in Him. At the end of the week I got a phone call from Andrew asking me out for the first time. At first, I was kind of like, "Really, Heavenly Father?! A boy? Of all the things..." But I do not mind anymore. Andrew and I have gotten each other through some tough weeks. There is so much going on right before finals! 
Andrew said I intrigued him. Apparently I am more than just the quiet girl that works in Administration that is always trailing after Eric. After two weeks of doing something almost every other day, we decided we were officially dating. People in the office may give me inquisitive looks that I easily ignore, some may make a scene blowing kisses and dancing through the office, some just break out in an ear to ear smile when they see me, and some may pull me aside and interrogate me until I can run away. I am not ashamed, but I am not used to all of the attention. Also, everyone in the office does not need to know every detail of my personal life. 
In the time that I was learning to dance in the rain, this boy came along. Now, I am dancing in the sunlight, and it truly is wonderful. Last night was our End of Semester Volunteer Appreciation Bash. It was so much fun. Only little Kalin could get me to dance in front of everyone. Today, after going to classes and doing homework, I went to the office. We went to The Wall to play video games. They have touch screen televisions as table tops so you can play games with your friends. Team building at its finest. We even beat all twelve levels of the game only losing one of our ten lives. After getting home, I played frisbee with Alanna and laid in the sun. I love how beautiful it is outside today. It reflects how I feel. To go along with all of this, I found my new favorite scripture. Genesis 21:6 says, "And Sarah said, God hath made me to laugh so that all that hear will laugh with me." I am going to teach people to dance in the rain so they can enjoy dancing in the sunlight even more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...