Friday, April 5, 2013

Prepping for Conference

So, because most of my classes were cancelled today because of a huge Family Life conference going on in Salt Lake, I did not want to get out of bed this morning. I sat working on some of my homework for a little bit, got a shower, and laid back down. It is rainy, and therefore I have no motivation to really do anything. Finally, I looked at Mallory and said, "Mallory, do you want to go have an adventure?" We went on an adventure walking down a busy road and jumping in every worthy puddle we came across.
By the time we got back I felt a little better, and I was soaked from my butt to my toes. In trying to warm up I watched this video because I had our church program on my desk and it caught my eye. 
Then, I realized the General Young Women Broadcast was a few weeks ago, and I had not watched it yet. Getting my computer I instantly went to find Sister Dalton's talk. She is a hopeless romantic as well telling the story about Rebekah and Isaac. Rebekah went and got all of the water for the camels. That water was heavy and hard to bear, but she did it quickly. Abraham's servant asked if she would come with him since he was given the task of finding a worthy wife for Isaac. All she said was, "I will go." She left everything behind. Sister Dalton says she thinks it was love at first sight when Rebecca and Isaac met. Rebekah "lighted off the camel," and "he loved her." In Doctrine and Covenants 88:40 it says, "For intelligence cleaveth unto intelligence; wisdom receiveth wisdom; truth embraceth truth; virtue loveth virtue; light cleaveth unto light..." Once again, Sister Dalton made my day. Not only was watching that talk the perfect thing to so while trying to warm up after puddle jumping, but she wore sunshine yellow on a rainy day. Not only did she wear a sunshine yellow blazer when she came to BYU, but she wore a different sunshine yellow blazer for conference. My hero. Seriously. I really want to be her when I grow up. 
Sunshine yellow at BYU...
Sunshine yellow in conference.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog! You have got to keep me updated on these things. I kind of randomly found it but I'm glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sorry about that! I am glad you did too. This is mostly how I keep my mom and dad updated on my life. You are welcome to follow or just read it! Adventures at BYU are all included!!

    ReplyDelete

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...