Friday, July 27, 2012

A Week Full of Thankfulness

Here are the things I am thankful for this week:
1. I am thankful for my ability to write papers rather quickly. I do not know which parent I got it from or if I got it from both, but it makes my life a lot easier. I have so many papers due these last two weeks of classes, and my brain is starting to give up. I wrote a six page and a three page one this week. For next week I have a thirteen page one that I have only barely started as well as my beloved one page essay. So, I am really thankful for that gift. 
2. I am thankful for laughter. People always talk about how are bodies are so divinely designed, and I completely agree with them. There is nothing better than a warm smile, a real hug, and contagious laughter. Most people hate Mondays. I love them. Some of my team and I were sitting in the BYUSA office and we could not stop laughing. We were having so much fun! One of them pointed out it felt like one in the morning when everything became funny. It was true, but who is going to complain when you are enjoying your Monday? Not me! 
3. I am thankful for my family. Having a holiday is always weird when I am in school because I always think about all of the fun things I could be doing with my family. Also, I am beginning to realize how long six months away from home is. Yesterday, a girl tried to convince me to go home during my short break between summer and fall semesters, but I just don't see it happening. I would love to, but it is really far away. So, I guess I am just going to have to wait until Christmas and just continue skyping and talking on the phone. I am very thankful that they taught me how to make french toast the delicious way. I went to breakfast at one of my roommate's brother's apartment, and it was awful. I am thankful that they taught me how to clean. I did not realize how nasty our kitchen floor was until I got down on my hands and knees today and cleaned it. Pretty gross. It is kind of weird, but I am even beginning to miss my obnoxious little brother that never stops touching me. No big deal. I just love them all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...