Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pioneer Day

 Today is pioneer day. After first, I thought it was funny that we got today off of school, most businesses are closed, and there is a parade, but I was not going to complain. The more I think about it though, this is a huge part of Utah's history. 
The pioneers settled this state. No one else was here. They went through countless trials and so much persecution. They had to leave multiple homes only bringing what they could carry on a handcart or a covered wagon. Losing loved ones along the way, they made their way across the plains until President Brigham Young said, "This is the place." With their determination to worship freely, they built wonderful cities, temples, and made this state a home. They deserve a day remembrance.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I love Pioneer Day. I love that you wrote this. It makes me love you even more. We should all remember the Pioneers and their sacrifice and courage this fine day.

    ReplyDelete

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...