Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Thankful Tuesday

I am going to find three things each Tuesday to be thankful for. I have a couple more today, but here are some for today.
  1. I am so thankful for the beautiful summer sunshine. I love being in the sun, and when it is warm I get to swim. When I am in the water I am in my element. I am slowly turning darker day by day, and I love it. With each day and each shade darker my skin gets, the less makeup I have to wear. That means all I have to do in the morning is put on some mascara and do my hair. It saves me so much time, and I feel so much better. 
  2. I am thankful for my standards. Today I walked on campus, and someone was smoking. I almost started crying. They signed the honor code just like I did, and I would only hope that they would abide by it. I love the honor code. It is what sets BYU apart from other universities. I am thankful for my family, friends, and my church for helping me maintain my high standards. 
  3. I am thankful for water. There is nothing I love more than swimming. I love the smell of chlorine, the ache of my muscles after tubing, and the happiness that comes with just being in the water. Water is my element. If I could be an animal, I would be a mermaid. I do not know if that counts, but I would love it. 
  4. I am thankful for the kid who cleans the gum off of the ground on campus. When I first came here I thought it was miraculous that there was seriously no gum anywhere. It took me a year to find out some poor kid wakes up early in the morning and scrapes it up every morning. I thank him for making my campus a beautiful place. 
  5. I am so thankful to be a part of BYUSA. It took a lot to get me involved. At the beginning I thought all of them were crazy and loud, but as time went on I just wanted to be a part of it. Then, it took them forever to place me, but with the help of my friend (and, as much as I hate to admit it, my dad) I got a position as a committee member. Even then, I was not really involved. I helped with a few presentations but that was all. This year I am REALLY involved. As tired and stressed as I get at times I am thankful to be a part of something so spectacular and to have some of the best friends. I love seeing the BYUSA posters that say "It's you." I look at them and know. It's me. 

2 comments:

  1. girl. you, my friend, rock. also i love this post idea...thankful tuesday or something!

    anyways. i'm extremely sad that i didn't see you while you were down here! i wanted to go to chicken express and mrs baird's bread and dr pepper and braums and all the texas stuff we both looove :)

    but i'll be up there in 2 weeks. so i better see you then!!! :)

    enjoy byu for me. i'm sooo jealous! hope summer semester's going well. you know classes and all that haha!!

    love ya girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sad too! I did not get to see you or Amanda. I feel like my time was so slow, but it went by so quickly. I hope I do get to see you when you are up here! I miss you all so much. I was thinking today that I will not be able to go home until Christmas. That is a long time, but I think seeing people from home will make it easier. I will definitely enjoy it for you. I am having so much fun already! Love you and talk to you soon!

      Delete

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...