Sunday, July 15, 2012

Tender Mercies

I want to write a post about the tender mercies I have experienced in this last week. 
On Monday, I was sick and was just upset about certain events, but I had multiple friends take care of me and help me make it through the day. Making me dinner, talking to me, letting me just crash on my bed when I got home with shoes and everything still on, and making sure I had everything I needed were some of the best things they did for me. 
Tuesday and Wednesday were some of the longest days I have ever had to experience. I had a remarkable amount of homework to do. As I piled it up one night I almost started to cry thinking there was no way I was ever going to be able to finish all of it. Each night when I got home I was so exhausted, but I sat down to do my homework believing and constantly reminding myself that I am at BYU to learn. It was hard for me to concentrate so I said many silent prayers asking for help. I believe only the loving support of my Heavenly Father and my unwillingness to give up got me through. 
Thursday was one of the days where I just went through the motions because I had to. Getting up for my class at eight in the morning felt like the worst form of torture, but I had to do it so I got my blueberry bagel and walked to class eating it. The day wasn't bad, but I was tired after staying up so late doing my unnatural amount of homework. At 11:54 I realized it was my last day of classes and I seriously got so excited I almost screamed out of joy in the middle of my last class. 
Then came Friday. I had my stewardship at six meaning another late night in the office. I lost my phone four times. It was not like the: "Oh, I set my phone down, and now I need to find it." It was more of the: "Oh my gosh I have been all over the place today, and I do not even know where to begin looking. It could be anywhere from the bell tower to the BYUSA office to my apartment or anywhere in between." It was not fun. As I was waiting in the office for my stewardship, I went to talk to a couple of friends. They ended up "kidnapping" me, I missed my stewardship, and we went to eat. Somehow it led to making s'mores on the bell tower lights. Yeah, we did that. Then, we just got to sit and watch a movie. I night of adventures after my long, hard week. The only problem with this was the fact that at some point I left my iPad in the bathroom of a building on campus. When I remembered it, my heart dropped. That particular building is swarming with EFY kids, and I knew it would not be there anymore, but I said yet another silent prayer. As I walked into the bathroom, I was so nervous, my eye would not stop twitching. It was there. So, my night was not ruined, and I got to continue to enjoy my break.
 So, my tender mercies included friends being there to take care of me, help with my pile of homework, making it through my last day of classes, finding my phone each time I lost it, getting a break from my busy life and just being able to have fun with friends, and my iPad being in the same place I left it. Now, I am sure I always have these tender mercies in my life, but I do not always take the time to notice them. This is yet another thing I need to work on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...