Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thankful Thursday...

     I just realized that I never did a thankful Tuesday post. So, in an effort to fix that, this week it is going to have to be thankful Thursday. This week has been crazy. I have gotten home past seven every night, I eat in the Wilk or at eight at night, and I have so much homework this week it is insane. With that said, here are my three things:
     1. I am thankful for flowers and green grass. Doing homework is so much more enjoyable when I can sit outside in the luscious grass with all of the beautiful colors around you. I keep thinking of the words of a song from primary... "whenever I hear the song of a bird or look at the blue, blue sky, whenever I feel the rain on my face or the wind as it rushes by, whenever I touch a velvet rose or walk by a lilac tree, I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world Heavenly Father created for me. He gave me my eyes that I might see the color or butterfly wings, he gave me my ears that I might hear the magical sound of things. He gave me my life, my mind, my heart: I thank him reverently for all his creations of which I'm a part. Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me." I love seeing the beautiful flowers because they remind me of my divine heritage.
     2. I am thankful for all of my friends. I did not feel well earlier this week, and they were all ready to jump up and help. One came to the BYUSA office because she knew I was not feeling well and wanted to make sure I was ok. Another one of them offered to bring me dinner even though he does not get back from work until late. I appreciate their love they have shown me. I am so lucky to have all of them watching out for me. I do not know what that was, but it is always good to know someone is there. 
     3. I am thankful for movies. I am one of the few that actually do better on my homework and work more efficiently when a movie is on. I love how they show all manners of life from the tender to the extremely awkward moments in life. Although some of them are rather idealistic, I love it all. I love the happily ever afters after a trial the princess needs to overcome, I love the deep conversations friends have when they are alone, and I like seeing that no one's life is perfect even after a princess's happily ever after. I saw a quote the other day that said, "Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." -G.K. Chesterton

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness "My Heavenly Father Loves Me" is my favorite primary song. I am thankful for this post because it makes me realize all the things I am thankful for. I am thankful for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really trying to be more grateful for all of the wonderful things and people in my life. I love you, and I cannot wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...