Sunday, July 22, 2012

Forgive, Forget, and Move On

In my Strengthening Marriage and Family class we talked about forgiveness. He gave us an assignment to think about someone that has wronged us and make the effort to forgive them. I could not think of anyone at the time, but this weekend someone was brought up and that awful feeling came up. Instantly I knew what I needed to do. So, all Saturday and today I have been working on it. The steps to forgiveness we talked about in class were: recall the hurt, empathize, offer the gift of forgiveness, forgive publicly, hold on to it, and move forward. Well, the first one was easy. The rest just got  harder as I went on, but I know this was something that I have needed to do for quite some time. Tonight, I took the final step. I honestly feel so much lighter. I am thankful for my teacher for giving us that challenge for the weekend, the Spirit for helping me realize there was someone I needed to forgive, and for the person that I have forgiven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...