Saturday, September 29, 2012

Just Having Some Fun



First off, I would like to say that I went on my first date in which a guy asked me out (my second date overall), and I survived. It wasn't the greatest because it was with a guy I really don't like, but we had fun. We went to an art museum and then went and got Jamba Juice.
Yesterday was the football game v. Hawaii! We won 47-0. Way to go Cougs! Even sections wore white while odd sections wore blue so the stadium looked like it was striped. It was so cool because it actually worked! At the game the guy I kind of have a crush on was like, "Dearest Megan, I love you so much." Here is me, "Oh, I love you too." Cheesy, but it made my night. I left the game a little early because I went out with my cousin Becca. We had so much fun eating at The Chocolate once again. She made me eat most of it since she was allergic to everything we got. As you can see I was SO FULL after it, and she was happily satisfied. After that we went to see "The Avengers." It is a really good movie. I do not understand why we had to stay until the credits were finished to watch them eat tacos, but I did enjoy every minute being with her last night. Yet another night with my wonderful cousin. I may get fat, but storytelling and good laughs are always the best.
Today I got up really late. Eric had called so I called him back. An hour and a half later I was on my way to my coordinator's granddaughter's third birthday party. I had a lot of fun. Everyone there thought Eric and I were married. I got asked where my ring was, how long we had been married, a disapproving look from an older woman when she found out we weren't married, and I got told several times we made a cute couple. My coordinator even said we may as well be married since we spend so much time together. It was weird, but I found it rather humorous. When I got home it was time to get ready for the Relief Society General Broadcast. I got to go watch it at the Conference Center in Salt Lake. It was amazing. Before we went in, little ladies were handing out little packs of tissues. I of course I grabbed one, but those sneaky moms put anti-Mormon stuff in them. I took that out and kept the tissues. All of the speakers were wonderful. I even almost cried in every single talk. My favorite talk was the one done by Sister Carole M. Stephens. She is the first counselor. She talked about a trek she went on recently. At the women's pull someone came back to help her even though she had already made it to the top. When Sister Stephens got to the top she was too tired to go back and help someone else. She felt like she had let her sisters down physically, but she said she never wanted to let them down spiritually. I love her teaching through example, and I hope one day I can be that shining beacon for someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...