Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I Love My Friends!

I feel like this semester is harder than most, and it isn't only me who thinks this way. A lot of my friends agree with me that for some reason, we are having a harder time getting in the groove of things. I feel like I have been in school for three months, and this is only the second week. We are in trouble. Elder Holland once said, "Some things are not under your control. Some disappointments come regardless of your effort and preparation, for God wishes us to be strong as well as good... In this too, you have friends through the ages in whom you can take comfort and with whom you can form timeless bonds." Sometimes things do not go your way. Some things already this week have left me disappointed and worried. Yesterday was a holiday. I have only been back to school one day this week. What the heck is going on? When I went to meet with the bishop today, he and his second counselor pointed out how tired I looked. Well thanks for that. I just have to keep going. Good thing I have amazing friends. Whether it be watching "Lord of the Rings," making faces at each other during the devotional, texting back and forth all day, two guys I don't really know from my ward honking and waving at me while I was walking to BYUSA, planning Skype dates, going out for pie shakes, or just sitting and talking for the little amount of free time I have, I know I have those friends Elder Holland talks about that I am forming timeless bonds with. I love them all. President Gordon B. Hinckley said, "It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. If we will put our trustin Him, if we pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...