Wednesday, September 12, 2012

You Are Loved

My day was made several times today. The first time was at eight in the morning. Hard to believe. I got a text telling me to look up my name on the urban dictionary. Most of the time I only use that to look up slang words I don't know, so I was kind of skeptical. When I did, I got an amazing surprise. 
  • "A Megan is always awesome, period. If you haven't met three or more Megans by the time you're 15 you don't live in America. A Megan has a blonde streak, whether she wears it or not. She has a way of brightening your bad days. A Megan knows how to party like a rockstar. Megans hold pride in the fact that thier name is spelled correctly, without any "h"s, one "e", and one "a" in order. No one is complete without a Megan as a bff."
  • Megan: Hey, I'm Megan! 
    Meghan: hey, me too! 
    Megan: cool, how do you spell it? 
    Meghan: m-e-g-h-a-n 
    Megan: haha, you spelled it wrong. its okay though, just don't flip when i call you meg-han
So cute right? I loved it! The second one I had to post on Meghan's wall. It made me laugh out loud. Literally. My whole day was fantastic. I do not know why. It just was. I ran from class to class, and loved all of them even though I almost fell asleep in Stats and New Testament. No big deal. BYUSA was the same as always. I did what I had to do, stayed late to talk to a friend, and so on. One thing that I did love was when one of the guys started singing a song about angel eyes and pointed to me. It is a real song! It was done by Steelheart. It isn't my favorite when the band sings it, but it was so cute when he was doing it. It made me laugh considering that is the name of my blog. My dad calls me that and wrote a poem for me which is why I named my blog this. With Rob singing to me, all I could do was stand there in amazement with a stupid ear-to-ear grin on my face. After I left the office I drove up to Timp Lodge for the ward social. So good. My team won two out of three of the tug-of-wars. I just got to have fun and relax by the fire away from the now chilly mountain air. I love that Utah has seasons. Fall is here. Do you want to know how I figured that out? Well, last year I consistently got hit in the face with something falling from a tree every time I walked under one. The tradition continues. Anyways, when I got back from the ward social I worked on homework and checked my email. The BYUSA newsletter had finally come through. Eric wanted me to look at it earlier, but I was busy, and it wouldn't come through my email. It was nine o'clock. I scrolled through finding it to be nothing special. I even found a few mistakes (should have been an English major). Then, I got to the very bottom where the volunteer spotlights are. I am on there. At first I was like, "What the heck is happening?!" I texted Eric and gave him grief in a teasing manner, but seriously why? I am now going to have a poster with my picture up in the office. Great. I thanked him eventually. The only thing is the fact that now I feel kind of bad. I was just teasing (kind of but not really) him about needing a new name-tag so I could be in Student Honor instead of Admin. I am so thankful that he appreciates and notices me. There are days when I feel like I do nothing and days where I feel used and abused. I am not a huge fan of being spotlighted. A candy bar would have sufficed, but it is so good to know I am loved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...