Saturday, September 22, 2012

Too Much Fun


People say there is no such thing as having too much fun. I beg to differ. I do not know if it was too much fun or too much excitement. I think both. I had it. After a late girls' night last night, I got up slowly this morning. Until the adrenaline kicked in, I was beat. I got to the BYUSA office by eight to get things started for the retreat. The first thing Eric told me when he first saw me was that I looked half dead. Well thanks for that. By nine everyone had arrived and so did the adrenaline. I saw my mini van. That was enough to get me going. After telling the group that was with me about my deep love/obsession for minivans, one of the girls looked at me driving and said, "You look so cute and perfect up there!" Here is me wanting to cry because I was so happy. :) It felt so natural to be behind the wheel of a mini van. Have I told you I want one? We played a name game where we said our name and something we would bring to a picnic. My name is Megan, and I would bring a mini van. When we got there, we started off with laser tag. I am just not good at laser tag. I always have fun, but I don't score well. Nbd. Then came the go-karts. Eric bet me the other day that I would not be able to beat him. I get really competitive on go-karts. Like no joke. He jumped in the first one and I was in the fourth one back. Bring it on. I passed the first two people in front of me, and then it was just him and me. I won. He owes me. Then came the bumper boats. Somehow I ended up in his boat. I do not know how, but I got soaked because everyone was ganging up on us. I will say, I put my hand in front of the water gun, and I aimed it to squirt him. I win again. After that we got free time to go to the arcade. Angela Lopez and I went on all of the racing games whether it was motorcyles or cars. Then we went on a weird two person ride that was so much fun! We screamed the whole time. In the last bit of free time we went to two 4D short movies. Lunch was next on the schedule. You know those stupid commercials where the windows are so clean the birds or dogs or whatever run into them? It happens in real life. I slammed into a window today with about a third of my team there to witness it. I thought it was a door. I hit it and hit it hard. Probably one of the most embarrassing moments of my life. Over the course of the retreat, there were plenty of pictures taken. I love looking back at them and just laughing. After we left, we went to a park to play a couple more games. When we finally got back and returned my mini van (after I took a couple pictures with it of course), it was around five. Then, I went to see a scary movie with Becca. The movie was not all that great, but it was really funny when Becca screamed twice in the theater. So great. Then, we went to a place called The Chocolate for a dessert. We got something called a cazookie. It is half chocolate chip cookie and half white chocolate macadamia nut cookie topped with vanilla icecream. Yum. After today, I can truthfully say if I died tomorrow I would die happy. Mini vans, a new embarrassing story to tell, beating Eric in go-karts, and a cazookie. What more could you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...