Thursday, November 22, 2012

And Then There Were Leftovers...

You know you Thanksgiving break is going to be great when the week begins with a beautiful rainbow outside. On Monday, I got to Skype one of my best friends. Tuesday, I went and got peppermint hot chocolate at Starbucks with Becca. I love it. It is so good! 


Wednesday, most of the population of Provo was gone. It is so quiet, and I was bored all day so when Jenn came home with Brent, we played soccer with the pumpkin I picked on my retreat. Now, I had kind of grown attached to my pumpkin so it made me sad when I did a soccer trick and he (I named him Felipe) cracked. Then to say goodbye we went pumpkin chunkin'. Later on we also went to get smoothies. So long Felipe.
I am starting to fit in with all of my roommates. One of their boyfriends said I was like the little sister he never had. The roommate I shared a room with is getting married, and she invited me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding and asked for my help in picking out outfits for her engagement portraits. Melissa is moving out at the end of the semester, Jenn is moving out after winter semester, and Alanna is leaving after that. I am finally fitting in, and they are all moving.
Back to Thanksgiving week... Last night my cousin spent the night with me. After watching "Signs" and talking until three in the morning, waking up was not pleasant. Today it is finally Thanksgiving. I have had a rough go from hot chocolate coming out of my nose to banging my head on the table. Becca and I made a HUGE dinner. We made the pie first, and we may have had a meringue war. It was a lot of fun, but let me tell you it is not as much fun to have to get it out of your hair and eyebrows. 
For dinner we had fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, cranberry sauce, rolls, stuffing, deviled eggs, and lemon pie. 
We barely made a dent in all the food we made, but we felt SO fat afterwards. I think I need stretchy pants. 
We listened to Christmas music and watched Christmas movies so it was only fair to decorate my little Christmas tree and put it up as well. We are finishing tonight off with "When a Stranger Calls", a happy movie after that, and probably more food. I am fat and happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...