Saturday, November 10, 2012

Shine Bright Like a Diamond

I first want to acknowledge the hand of God in my life this weekend. I did not have to drive up in the canyon. I went, but I drove up with my coordinator. I prayed all yesterday that I would be safe driving up there, and driving in a car that wasn't mine was just making me feel uncomfortable. Good thing I have a wonderful coordinator watching out for me. I was safe. I also realized she is one of the coolest people I will ever meet. We talked about almost everything on our drive up, and it put my racing mind at ease. I seriously love her. I also want to point out that the song Diamonds came on three times on the drive up there. Needless to say, it was stuck in everyone's heads by the time we arrived. We all sang it all night. When we got to Springhaven, I was amazed. First off, it is HUGE. I got lost more than once in that "house." There is a jungle gym and a treehouse inside. Second off, it is so nice. It has heated floors. I was happy. With the blizzard going on outside, there is nothing better than a place with heated floors. Trainings and games and food... Oh my! It was a lot. I went in to this retreat like one often does conference. I went in with a prayer in my heart. It was answered, and everything was perfect. Everything went well. I did get thrown in the snow a couple of times, we had a snowball fight that was rather intense (I am a pro at dodging and aiming so I think I won), and we just had fun. I shone bright like a diamond the whole time, and I got closer to people I already love. Also, it is a huge feat that my crush did not resurface. Proof that I am so done. The theme was dedication. Spiritual, BYUSA, school, and self dedication. I learned a lot and had fun. There isn't much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...