Thursday, November 29, 2012

My Christmas Wish List

Dear Santa,
I have thought a lot about what I want for Christmas this year. I thought about sweaters, a new phone, shoes, a few movies, a crock pot, or even just money. Here's the thing.... Today it hit me that I do not really need any of this. It would be nice, but I really just don't need it. Today I spent time with my best friends. I put my homework, stress, and worries aside, and I drove to Salt Lake with them to see the lights on Temple Square. At times we all laughed so hard we cried. Excitement filled the car when the Christmas music was turned on. All we could do the whole time we were together was smile. This got me thinking. You know, Santa, I would like to make this easy for you and be able to wish for something as easy as a Barbie dream house or a sweater, but I want something more this year. First, I want to always remember that I am never alone. I have so many friends that are always willing to be there for me. Every time I am with them, I have the best time. I love having friends like these. I cannot wait to see what the future will be like for us. I also have the best family who will never shrug their shoulder I often cry on. I love them all so much, and I often take them for granted. Second, I want to be able to excel in not only school but in BYUSA as well. Third, I want my dad to feel better. I want to see him smile like he used to. He does not have to be perfect, but it would be nice if he would feel a little better after this surgery. I love him. He means the world to me even though I may not always express it. Fourth, I want my little brother to know he does not have to live in my shadow. I know I set some high standards for him to live up to, but I want him to understand he can do so much better and put my standards to shame. Fifth, I want my mom to know how wonderful she is. She works so hard and often forgets to take time for herself. Santa, these three people mean more to me than anyone else in the world, and for my last wish, I want them to see themselves as I see them. Santa, I know this is a lot, but I would appreciate it. While the elves work on the toys for all of the other kids, will you please work on this? Thank you so much. Next year I will hopefully be able to make it easier on you.
Megan


2 comments:

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...