Friday, November 16, 2012

Made it Through

This week has been an interesting one. It has been full of changes, disappointments, sadness, good laughs, and some stress. Sunday was just the beginning. I missed  church. I slept through not only my alarm but my roommate's as well. Even her getting ready did not wake me up. The retreat really knocked me out. I finally woke up at noon and had to get going. I had an area dinner to get to. Angela Lopez came over to help me cook cinnamon cream cheese stuffed French toast. It was so good! I loved having dinner with my friends. We sat and just laughed. Monday was a rough one. I found out not only is Angela Lopez not coming back to BYUSA after this semester, but Angela Blomquist may take another job. I cannot lose both Angelas. I was so distraught afterwards I cried for an hour and a half. I will say, in our area meeting before I got this awful news, I was rather enjoying myself. My area was talking about how quietly opinionated I was, and how verbally opinionated Eric was. Someone was like, "That is why they are so compatible." I did not enjoy this because I like him, but that really is one of the reasons we work so well together all of the time. Once I got the news about losing my favorite people in the office it was one of those days that all I wanted was a friend. I am finding more and more that you cannot depend on people. When you need them they are nowhere to be found. It is just making me more independent than ever. Tuesday was a little better. We had the best forum speaker I have heard since I have been at BYU. Wednesday was blah. Thursday I was fidgety all day because my dad was having surgery and I was nervous. He is fine! I was kind of a wreck all day. I did not even put on make-up. It made some people really worry about me. It is nice to know who my real friends are. Seriously, this week has been one in which my eyes glaze over and I just go through the motions. Today I am back to normal. Happy go lucky, smiley, and sassy as ever. I got so much done today! Love it. More laughs, a nerf gun war in the office, a wonderful dinner (consisting of popcorn, cheese dip, a pomegranate, and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies), and "Breaking Dawn." I will admit, I laughed the first fifteen minutes of the movie, a laughed multiple times during it, and I even cried at one point. They threw in a twist I was not expecting at all. Ending my night with more cookies and "Get Smart" is making my week seem a lot better than it actually was. Next week is Thanksgiving! Two days of classes, and then a much needed break. Three and a half weeks and I get to go home!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...