Monday, November 5, 2012

Thanksgiving Time

     Please forgive this amazingly long blog post, but I have learned a lot over the past couple of days. Much has changed, and I feel so much lighter than I did even Saturday morning. I learned a lot about others, but I learned the most about myself. Some of this is just for fun, some will make you feel good all over like nothing else, and some I just felt like I needed to share.
     I was doing some scripture study the other day... Mosiah 4:15 says: But ye will teach them to walk in the ways of truth and soberness; ye will teach them to love one another, and to serve on another. So, I have been working to serve and love others. Between BYUSA, friends, and school work, my schedule and just life in general has been insane. Then, I came to Mosiah 4:27 which says: And see that all these things are done in wisdom and order; for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength. I was running too fast for my own good, and that is going to change. I am putting my life in Christ's hands which is hard for me considering my level of independence. This is a very literal "Jesus take the wheel" moment.
     I have heard a lot of funny and just memorable quotes lately...
-You're only as close to your answer as your knees are close to the floor.
-As sovereigns  choosing to yield to the Highest Sovereign is our highest act of choice. It is the only surrender which is also a victory! The putting off of the natural man makes possible the putting on of the whole armour of God, which would not fully fit before.
- If you could only sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to the people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person.
     Everyone is doing the one-a-day thankful posts. Well, I do not have time for that so I am just going to do a really long one with thirty things on it right now.
1. I am thankful for my testimony. I do not know where I would be today without it.
2. I am thankful for the power of prayer. I am constantly reminded of it, and it amazes me each and every time.
3. I am thankful for crunchy leaves. There is no day so bad that crunchy leaves cannot make it better.
4. I am thankful for sunshine. I love the feeling of the sun on my face and how it reflects off my hair. Being blonde, I feel like a have a little sunshine with me wherever I go.
5. I am thankful for the best friends I could ever ask for. They are awesome, and I love having fun with them.
6. I am thankful for the most wonderful family ever. Their love and support get me through.
7. I am thankful for teachers with a sense of humor. They make my day so much better.
8. I am thankful for seasons. We do not have them at home, but I love the changing colors and weather.
9. I am thankful for uplifting music. I love music. It just makes me happy.
10. I am thankful for dogs. This applies mainly to my dog and the spotted dog I love so much, but dogs are great in general.
11. I am thankful for the majestic mountains all around me. They make me feel safe and secure. They are also just beautiful, and remind me there is so much more out there than the small area BYU takes up. Heavenly Father created some of the most amazing things, and they are out there for me to explore.
12. I am thankful for movies. There is something comforting about curling up in a blanket and watching a movie.
13. I am thankful for tests. I know that sounds crazy, but I learn more from the tests I take than I do from the multiple hours I spend in class.
14. I am thankful for sweaters, jackets, and coats. I hate being cold, and I love to layer so it all works out.
15. I am thankful for nicknames. I love the sense of belonging I get when someone uses one of my nicknames, and I love hearing the meaning behind some of them.
16. I am thankful for convertible cars. I love my car, and I love the sense of freedom it gives me when the wind blows through my hair. I love just laughing when my hair is attacking my face, and I love getting to blast my music without a care in the world.
17. I am thankful for minivans. Enough said.
18. I am thankful for mail. I love getting the mail out of the mailbox and getting letters from friends and family. I always know someone out there loves me.
19. I am thankful for the opportunity I have to be at BYU and be a part of BYUSA. I am learning and growing so much.
20. I am thankful for my planner. I don't necessarily like every moment of my life planned out, but there is something about being able to cross things off the list of things I have to do that just makes me happy.
21. I am thankful for the fact that I have my cousin Becca here. Through the good, the bad, and the ugly, she is always there, and frankly I just love having fun with her.
22. I am thankful for my patriarchal blessing. Sometimes everything around you in in an uproar of how bad things are and how much worse they are going to be, but my patriarchal blessing gives me hope in the future.
23. I am thankful for eyes. You can see the true emotion and intent behind what people are saying through their eyes. You can see what kind of person they are. Also, some eyes are just gorgeous.
24. I am thankful for food. Good, tasty food is just wonderful... Oh, and so is chocolate.
25. I am thankful for smiles. When someone smiles at me, even if it is a stranger, it kind of makes my day.
26. I am thankful for art. I love not only looking at beautiful art people have created, but I love creating it.
27. I am thankful for the fact that I actually know people on campus. Seeing a friend in the masses of each passing period is just amazing, and I love it.
28. I am thankful for disasters. All of these things will be for my good and give me experience.
29.  I am thankful for dreams. Sometimes dreaming of things to come is one of the few things that make me think everything will be all right in the end.
30.  I am thankful for Christmas. I am so excited to not only celebrate the season, but see the lights, eat the treats, and be with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...