Friday, November 30, 2012

Temple Square Adventure

First I want to say there are 12 days until I go home! 
My temple lights trip was so much fun! On the way up there Dani kept hinting that she wanted cheesecake. Eventually I caught on and made the executive decision that we were going to go to the cheesecake factory. We were all beaming, and I loved it. We listened to Christmas music on the way up, and that made it even better. When we got there, we went through the new mall. The lights there were already pretty which made us more excited for Temple Square. I have been so busy this week only being home for five minutes at a time or sleeping. The fact that I made time to spend with my friends made me one of the happiest people on the planet, and I loved every minute being with them even if it meant having to stay up late the next night to do homework. When we got to Temple Square, we were captivated. It is beautiful. After watching a performance in an old church they have in the square, we went back to the lights. They were beautiful and reflected the lights in our eyes. We went to the Cheesecake Factory early to beat the basketball game rush. We had a five minute wait, and the entire five minutes we watched drooling as pictures of cheesecake flash by. After we were seated, I got a text... My roommate is engaged!!! Two out of three of them are down. Once I got over that bit of news, we ordered fried macaroni and cheese. Yum! Thank you Dani for suggesting it. Then, we all ordered the ultimate red velvet cheesecake. A little later our waitress, who was the best ever if I do say so, told us she had bad news. Our cheesecake would not be ready for another 45 minutes. Since that was the whole reason we came we told her we would take it home frozen so we could eat it later. With cheesecake in hand, we all went back to Temple Square to finish looking at the lights. Some singing, skipping, lots of picture taking later, and tons of laughs we went back to the car. On our way there we may have stopped at Tiffany and Co. and marveled at their window displays. So wonderful. When we got home we indulged ourselves with our ultimate red velvet cheesecake. Basically it was the best night ever. 
The nativity scene. They had a light in the perfect place so it looks like the star over the manger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...