Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Look in the Eyes of Those You Lead

In the middle of this crazy week, I am taking the time to calm down. This week's devotional was not as inspiring to me as was last week's. For some reason I really liked last week's. It was on leadership which is something I hear about all of the time so when she said that was her topic I cringed a little bit. I did listen though, and the more I did, the more I learned. First she told us a quote by  John Quincy Adams. He said, "If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader." She gave us four things to work toward as leaders. We must always remember empathy, courage, integrity, and drive. For empathy we must remember everything bad happens at the end of the week or the weekend. We should not get frustrated with people. For courage, we just have to hope. Integrity is the courage and confidence to let people you work with see what you are doing so it will be whole and complete. Drive is self explanatory. In her closing remarks she said if you want to know if you are a leader, you should not look in the mirror but in the eyes of those you lead. I just loved her talk. It was not as well presented as some others, but the message she tried to get across was heartfelt, and I loved every minute of it. I am working to be a better leader every day, learning knew ways to solve problems and learning patience in what I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...