Monday, June 4, 2012

Back to Basics

I have always been bothered by my lack of being asked out on dates. Ever since I turned 16, my dating life has batted a 0. It bugged me even more while at BYU when everything's topic is marriage. It still somewhat bothers me but not nearly as much. I read my patriarchal blessing the other day and at the part where it tells me that I will get married. I read that one sentence over and over again. Tears came to my eyes and a feeling of peace overwhelmed me. After that, I put it down and went to bed. I did not even finish reading it. Ever since then I feel so peaceful about whatever will happen. I was listening to my ipod the other day on my love song playlist, and the song "How Will I Know" came on. 
Wow. My ipod knows exactly how to make me smile. So here I am enjoying the song. How will I know is a question so many girls ask themselves including me. It was really funny when the next song that came on was "That's How You Know" from the Disney movie "Enchanted." 
It made me laugh when a Disney movie answered such a popular question. Most of the time all we need to do is look at the simple things and go back to the basics to answer our questions. Whether it be a Disney movie or the scriptures or my patriarchal blessing, the basics are always there. Doing something so simple.... reading two things that I have access to at all times made me feel so much better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...