Friday, June 1, 2012

Friday Fright Night


    Tonight I watched a scary movie. Now, that is not a big deal unless you lived in my dorm room. After becoming friends with a couple girls from across the hall, somehow we deemed Friday nights as scary movie nights. The first one we watched was "When a Stranger Calls." Five girls curled together on a couch not letting their feet touch the floor in case of the creepy bad guy grabbing them from under the couch. Sometimes even screaming was involved. After that movie we would not even go to the bathroom alone. We had to have  a buddy. Watching movies that scary until two in the morning is kind of a bad idea. Anyways, we watched it in the room across the hall so when all was said and done a couple of my roommates and I went back to our room cautiously, made a palette (or bed made out of blankets... whatever you want to call it) on the floor, turned on church music, and slowly drifted off to sleep. It became tradition. We watched a scary movie every weekend after that so tonight when we picked "Red Eye" as the movie we were going to watch I got really excited. Let the tradition continue. 

3 comments:

  1. Love this! I also miss this. We don't own any scary movies here...except for the old cheesy ones. I'm glad you're having loads of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha well, one weekend you may have to come and spend the night with Meghan and I and we can watch one! :) I am having tons of fun! I hope you are too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! We need to do this!! We just bought a dvd player last week, so all that's left is the movies! I don't know why scary movies are so addicting. P.S. I love how you remembered the "not letting your feet touch the floor" detail. :) Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...