Saturday, June 16, 2012

Unpacking, J-Dawgs, and Frozen Yogurt

     I am finally all unpacked. It took literally all day. Going back and forth from my storage unit to make sure I had everything was crazy. It took one trip to get everything here, but I went back to make sure. When I unpacked my car after multiple trips from my car to my apartment and vice versa I did not want to do anything else because I was so tired, but I did it anyways. It needed to be done. Then came the actual unpacking. It looked like a tornado went through the room and then a bomb exploded. I did get it all worked out. Trying to figure out where to put things to make it look nice and not too cluttered and how to make it look more like home was the hardest part of the whole day. It was a lot of work, but it was all worth it, and now when Meghan comes back it won't be crazy.
     I feel better now. I ate a lot today too which probably helps as well. The past four days I have just not been hungry so I have barely eaten, but today I feasted. First off, I want to ask how BYU deems an apartment approved housing. I do not know if mine should be approved. It is too close to this hot dog place called J-Dawgs. Now, I know most of you are thinking it is just a hotdog. No. These are not JUST hotdogs. These are like manna from heaven with their "special sauce" and if I am in the mood sauerkraut or banana peppers. I would never eat either of those things any other time, but it just makes my j-dawg better. I ate three today. I know that is not good, but I bought two for myself. They did not believe that I could eat both of them because I am kind of tiny and these are not small so just for their entertainment they gave me a third one for free. I ate all three. I can pack it down. I put some guys in there to shame. I bet they will never do that again! They watched me the whole time I ate to make sure I would eat it all. One thing I learned at EFY is guys like girls who can get dirty and pack it down. I can do both! Today proves both of them. I got hot, sweaty, and dirty while moving, and I certainly packed it down!
     I also got to spend time with a couple guys I work with in BYUSA. We went to a frozen yogurt place close to one's apartment and enjoyed. It is weird, but the more I talk to one of them the more I realize how alike we are. He could be my big brother and no one would know the difference. Today we got talking about our favorite things to do. My favorite thing is to curl up in a blanket no matter how hot it is outside and watch a movie while eating extra buttery popcorn. Strangely enough, that is his favorite thing too. Another example. I am not sure I want to bring my fiance to my home ward before I get married. It is a lot of pressure from family friends that you just don't need before you get married. He is the same. There are other things that I learned from being with him every day this week and almost every day the week before I left. He is just like a big brother. Like he said, we are the Ice Cream Amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...