Sunday, June 17, 2012

Perhaps the greatest truth of the universe… I’m beginning to understand…

Did you ever wonder what is was like when we left heaven to come here? We left our Heavenly Father’s side to come to a world of trouble, strife, and heartache. We left because it was His plan, and we knew we must do it to learn and accomplish so much. But did you ever wonder what you thought right before you left? Were you excited to be a part of something so perfectly thought out? Were you worried that when you crossed over the veil you would never come to remember your Father again? Were you sad that you had to leave such a beautiful place? Were you worried about whether you would come back or not?
All of these thoughts came running into my head last night as I watched The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. At the very end they are all saying their goodbyes. Lucy asks if Aslan will visit them in their world and he responds with, “I will be watching you always.” He tells her she must learn to know him in her world. That by knowing him there for a little you may know him better in his world. We knew our Heavenly Father before we came to earth, and we must always remember him. By learning to know Him here for such a little while when looking at it in an eternal perspective, we know Him better when we return to Him. Our Heavenly Father is always watching out for us. Sometimes He sees us fall, and I know he probably so badly wants to pick us up and dust us off. He wishes He could, but all of our trials are for our personal experience so that we may come to know Him personally.
I started crying in a movie made for kids from a book I read when I was in the fourth grade. I am coming to understand one of the most powerful and greatest truths. We were probably feeling every last one of those things. As I come to BYU each time and leave my family behind I feel all of them. I am so excited to come and experience so much more, I am worried about my family and how they will get along, I am sad to leave my home, and I am always worried about me getting too caught up in everything that is happening here and miss out on something important there. I understand all of this now. My family just like my Heavenly Father wants me to be happy. They want me to come here to learn and grow closer to Him. When I am having a hard time they want to come up here and fix it for me right away. How do we make it through to meet Him again? We must remember that He is always there for us and only wants the best for us. We must come to know Him. What a simple thing, but if we really knew Him, would the world be the way it is? That is going to be my goal while I am here at BYU. I am going to truly come to know Him. 

3 comments:

  1. I loved this post! :) Thank you! (...and I also love this movie. I might have cried when I watched it too. But only just a little.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. You have such a way with words. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you two. I love you both. Meghan, I am glad I am not the only one who cries in kid movies.

    ReplyDelete

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...