Monday, June 18, 2012

Revvin' in a Mini Van

     Today was the first day of my classes. I woke up at 7, and my first class is not until 12. I kept getting this weird feeling that I should go on campus early. I did not know why, but at 9:45 I left my apartment. Oddly enough, I ran into an old friend. Good old Jan. She was about to be late to class in the MARB which is an old and rather confusing building. I knew where her classroom was so I just walked her there. We texted the rest of the day. :) I miss her. 
     When it was time for my class to come around, I walked to my classroom and waited. I met some really weird people, but I also met some amazing ones. It was nice to have someone to talk to in class, and our teacher seems pretty neat. 
     When it was over I ran back to the apartment to change out of my skirt and get into "summer clothes." My BYUSA team was headed to a ropes course. We had so much fun. Now, I do not do well with balance so some of the things I had a hard time with, and at one point there was a rule that we had to talk with our tongues hanging out and then I fell off so I had to repeat everything Eric said (when he was talking about being a tree hugger and how his family was going to kill him or when he was blindfolded and was talking about us being led by the blind it got a bit ridiculous but it was still fun). Wow. Then came the giant swing. You sit in a seat and they harness you in. Then your team pulls you up, and you have to let go of a string to fall and actually swing. When I got to the top I was not letting go. I looked down, and it got worse. When I finally let go, panic and terror rushed through me. you are holding on to nothing until you make sense enough to grab on to the bar in front of you. I am pretty sure our coordinator got plenty of pictures of my panic stricken face. It was fun after that initial drop though. 
        I am sore, tired, and I smelled SO bad until I got a shower.  Worth it? Definitely. We drove a new mini van up there. It was really funny. Eric said we were a little Mormon family. He was totally revving the engine the whole time. It was kind of making me laugh because, you know, we were in a mini van. Who revvs the engine in a mini van? When we got back we had more work to do in the office. Then he asked if I would drive the mini van back since it was a rental. I drive a bug. Mini vans are HUGE in comparison, but I finally gave in. When we turned it in, he said it was good practice for being a Mormon mom. I did really like it, but it is going to take some getting used to. I guess by the time I have my six or seven kids I will be totally fine with it. Bring on the Mormon mom with a mini van. 
                                   
          ^this can be me^
                 Now I kind of have to go do my homework... This week is going to be a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Future with Hope

 Jeremiah 1:5 says - "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, an...